What are Dental Crowns?
When a tooth is damaged but not lost, a crown can be used to restore its appearance, shape, strength and size to fill the area of need. Also referred as ‘’Cap’’ the Crown will help protect the tooth moving forward while acting like your natural tooth.
Why would a dental crown be needed?
A dental crown can be used in the following situations:
- To restore a broken tooth or has been severely worn down
- To protect a weak tooth (from decay) from breaking or holding together parts of the cracked tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover discolored teeth
- To support and cover a tooth with a filling when there isn’t much tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
At Capital Dental Clinic, we only use materials for crowns that will provide lasting long-term benefits. Our goal is to give the best cosmetic results to our patients.